Friday, January 30, 2009

EW's Theory of LOST Names

This is a great article. A must read for any serious LOST fan. Some great insights on page 4.


In Lost, names mean something. So when the season premiere included a fleeting scene involving a new character who made a point of identifying himself, I began searching the Web for ''Dan Norton'' in hopes of unearthing a connection to Lost. But after a few weeks, the best I could do was find a comic artist named Dan Norton who has such a wide array of credits, one of them was bound to have something in common with a time-travel TV show with a blood-seeking lawyer. (Vampire By Night, perhaps?) I wasn't satisfied, so I kept digging, and just when I was about to quit, I stumbled upon a 1952 academic tome called Classical Myths in English Literature, co-authored by...Dan S. Norton. More than that, my Google search took me to one page in particular, and I was electrified by a sense of Eureka! discovery. It was like stumbling across a hidden hatch in the middle of the jungle and finding my purpose inside.

Read More: Season 5 (2009) | 'Lost': Name theory | Lost | 1 | 'Lost': Doc Jensen | TV | Totally 'Lost' | Entertainment Weekly

No comments:

Post a Comment